Stella is the leveraged strategies protocol with 0% cost to borrow. Stella’s mission is to redefine how leveraged DeFi works. DeFi needs a good leverage system in order to drive more usages on DEXes and money markets, the fundamental building blocks of DeFi. With growing usages on these fundamentals, more protocols and new innovations can arise and tap into the deep liquidity and robust foundation.
Stella strives to become the go-to destination for DeFi users to access maximum yield potential. Whatever on-chain strategies that users want to use on leverage (and safe enough to be supported), then Stella will support at 0% cost to borrow.
The protocol is made up of two parts: Stella Strategy and Stella Lend. * Stella Strategy: Users can access multiple selections of leveraged strategies with 0% borrowing interest for the first time and get yields on leverage.
- Stella Lend: Lenders can lend assets to the lending pools on Stella and get real yields. Yields generated from Stella Strategy are shared to lenders.
Who Are the Core Development Team of Stella?
- Tascha Punyaneramitdee: Project Lead Former Head of Strategy at Band Protocol, Product Manager at Tencent, and Investment Banking Analyst at Jefferies.
- Nipun Pitimanaaree: Tech Lead Former Chief Research Officer at OZT Robotics.
- Arin Trongsantipong: Product Lead Former Software Engineer at SCB 10X, SCBC and Cleverse.
What Makes Stella Unique?
- Stella Strategy enables users to increase their positions by borrowing funds from Stella Lend at 0% cost. This results in larger position sizes, leading to higher yields from trading fees, token rewards, or price exposure.
Unlike traditional accruing borrow interest from utilization-based IRM, users at Stella pays 0% borrow interest. Stella adopts a Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) model. When a leveraged position is closed with a positive yield, a portion of the net yield is deducted as a fee for the borrowed liquidity from Stella Lend.
- Stella Lend serves as a platform for users seeking to lend assets and passively earn APY through in-kind token rewards without putting a maximum cap on the lending APY. Users from Stella Strategy can borrow these lent assets to open leveraged positions. The yields generated by borrowers are shared to lenders in the form of lending APY as a result of Stella’s Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) model.
How Many Stella (ALPHA) Coins Are There in Circulation?
The ALPHA token is the native token of Stella. The token was initially launched with a circulating supply of 174.1 million tokens out of a total of 1 billion ALPHA.
According to Binance’s Stella paper, the total supply of ALPHA tokens is allocated as follows:
Binance Launchpad Sale: 10.00% of the total token supply Binance Launchpool: 5.00% of the total token supply Private Sale: 13.33% of the total token supply Liquidity Mining: 20.00% of the total token supply Team & Advisors: 15.00% of the total token supply Ecosystem: 36.67% of the total token supply Team tokens are locked until August 2021 and will be fully vested by March 2024. bu
How Is the Stella Network Secured?
As an ERC-20 token, ALPHA is backed by one of the most robust and secure blockchain networks in popular usage — Ethereum. It is kept secure by its extensive proof-of-work (POW) mining network, which uses an army of dedicated miners to maintain the integrity of the network.
Although Stella has dedicated developers and researchers, it also relies on external audits to ensure its smart contracts are secure. Stella is in the last phase of finalizing its smart contract audit with PeckShield and is also currently working with Trust 90 (tentative to complete on June 1, 2023).
Please check our Gitbook for updated information on our audit progress.
What can Stella (ALPHA) token holders do?
The value captured and accrued in the Stella ecosystem will be distributed to ALPHA stakers. ALPHA stakers will receive the following upon staking: Protocol fees from Stella protocol, regardless of which chains or layer-2 solutions Stella is built on. Tokens of the past incubated projects when the tokens become available publicly. This allows stakers to take part in high-quality projects early on. Voting rights on protocol’s proposals to participate in Stella governance.