Oasis is the leading privacy-enabled and scalable layer-1 blockchain network. It combines high throughput and low gas fees with secure architecture to provide a next-generation foundation for Web3 and will power DeFi, GameFi, NFTs, Metaverse, Data tokenization and Data DAOs.
Oasis propels web3 forward, scaling it and evolving it from infancy to maturity. Supported by top industry backers, Oasis recently announced the $235 million Ecosystem Fund to support projects to build on the network. Oasis Labs, the ecosystem technical contributor, has partnered with the likes of Meta, BMW Group Genetica and others, to build platforms and products that further individual privacy protection, data governance, and responsible data use.
What Makes Oasis Network Unique?
How Many Oasis Network (ROSE) Coins Are There in Circulation?
The current supply of Oasis Network ROSE is 1.5 billion tokens, with a total supply of 10 billion ROSE. The token distribution is as follows:
- 23.5% – staking rewards
- 23% – backers
- 5% – strategic partners & reserve
- 18.5% – community & ecosystem
- 10% – foundation endowment
- 20% – core contributors
2.3 billion tokens will be automatically paid out as staking rewards to stakers and delegators for securing the network over ten years. ROSE is used for transaction fees, staking and delegation at the Consensus Layer. By staking ROSE, users can secure the Oasis blockchain and earn up to 20% APY rewards.
How Is the Oasis Network Secured?
Where Can You Buy Oasis Network (ROSE)?
- Separates consensus and execution into two layers, the Consensus Layer and The ParaTime Layer, for better scalability and increased versatility
- Separation of consensus and execution allows multiple ParaTimes to process transactions in parallel, meaning complex workloads processed on one ParaTime won’t slow down faster, simpler transactions on another.
- Oasis Network is the only layer-1 blockchain with native support for Rollups at the Consensus Layer
- The ParaTime Layer is entirely decentralized, allowing anyone to develop and build their own ParaTime. Each ParaTime can be developed in isolation to meet the needs of a specific application, such as confidential compute, open or closed committees, and more.
- The network’s sophisticated discrepancy detection makes Oasis more efficient than sharding and parachains, requiring a smaller replication factor for the same level of security.
- There are 3 ParaTimes built by the Oasis core team already on the network.
- Emerald ParaTime, the EVM Compatible ParaTime, was built to solve the problems faced by Solidity developers, i.e., high fees and low throughput. Emerald solves both of these problems by increasing the throughput of transactions to up to 1,000 per second and reducing fees by 99%+ compared to Ethereum. This means more users will be able to use and build on the network.
- Cipher ParaTime, the confidential smart contract ParaTime, will hold the features that Oasis is uniquely capable of supporting – privacy-preserving smart contracts. As with Emerald, it boasts high throughput, instant finality, and low fees with added privacy-preserving features. Cipher enables DEX’s to stop front-running transactions, NFT users to protect their assets privately, and can potentially unlock trillions in credit and lending markets from traditional finance.
- Sapphire ParaTime is the confidential EVM ParaTime and the first confidential EVM runtime in the industry. At Oasis, we have recognised the importance of privacy technology. We want to empower developers to build privacy-enabled applications to be a part of, and to propel, Web3 forward. Much like Emerald, we want to empower solidarity developers to be comfortable building on the Oasis Network. That is why Sapphire is an EVM-compatible environment. However, we also want these developers to move forward in the rapidly expanding Web3 world by supplying our privacy-protecting technology in a familiar environment.
- Parcel ParaTime, the confidential data storage, governance, and compute ParaTime, Parcel already has enterprise partners like Nebula Genomics, Genetica, and BMW, using it to store private data like human genomic data. Parcel enables governance, confidential computation, and private analysis of data. Applications developers can use the Parcel SDK to integrate privacy-preserving data storage, governance, and computation into their applications. Parcel is also the data tokenization engine that can turn any data into an NFT. We envisage this functionality to enable people to take back control of the data they create, turning it into assets they can stake and earn rewards, thus creating a new responsible data economy.
The Oasis Network is multi-layered, making it highly flexible, scalable, and future-proof. The modular architecture separates consensus and smart contract execution into different layers allowing developers to deploy low-cost privacy-focused dApps.
The ParaTime Layer, a layer which allows for dynamic compute environments to be built, is where all smart contract execution happens, enabling incredible scalability for the network. ParaTimes can also evolve independently while maintaining consensus as security, scalability, or privacy technologies advance into the future.
The Oasis Network is the world’s leading scalable, privacy-enabled blockchain with its ParaTime layer enabling customizable confidentiality for developers. ParaTimes on the Oasis Network then leverage its privacy-preserving technology, enabling users to have complete control over the confidentiality of their information.
With the Cipher ParaTime, developers can experience a proper Web3 environment that is privacy-first and geared towards confidentiality. Cipher supports the building of complex confidential smart contracts, opening up a world of opportunities for users who want to be in charge of their data. Sapphire is another privacy-enabled ParaTime that is the first and only confidential EVM compatible. Solidity developers now can easily switch to Web3 in an environment that is familiar with tools that are well known, and built Web3 dApps like never before.
A Foundation for Web3:
- Staking Rewards:23.5%
- Core Contributors:20%
- Community & Ecosystem:18.5%
- Foundation Endowment:10%
- Strategic Partners & Reserve:5%